I enjoyed the couple of days but there are always a few things that I struggle with at women's conference, like:
You are always walking in a mob, slowly pushing to your next destination.
Watching the aggressive women trying to get their spot by running, pushing and leaving before the meeting ends. Does it really matter if you have a seat right in front of the speaker?
Meetings about contentment that don't actually teach you how to find that in your life, only that their life is much worse than yours.
Coming home at the end of the day feeling completely exhausted.
All in all though, I had a really good time. I walked away with a renewed outlook on life. I understand humility and scripture study in a new way and I have some ideas on really improving my life. Even with all the mobs, I loved spending the hours with some of the women in my life.
I think I'll go next year but right now, I need to stretch and take some vitamin i (Ibuprophen).
1 comment:
gentry! i wished i would have known this..we could have met up! i can't believe you got into the contentment class. the line was crazy long. and i agree with every vice you gave of the conference. yet, isn't it strange that with all the rule breaking, line cutting, and dirty looks given the spirit is still so abundant. just so you know, the forgiveness class was the same way. i walked away saying i have no idea how to empliment forgiveness into my life but i sure as heck now that those two ladies have it worse than i! {and i have a feeling that that wasn't what they were hoping people to leave with!} talk to ya soon.....
Post a Comment