Friday, May 22, 2009

A Contributing Member of Society, Again

Okay, so I'm not quite sure what's wrong with me. For some reason, I haven't been blogging. At all. It's not that there aren't exciting and fun things going on, I just don't get it up on the blog. So I will try to update more very soon but will share the biggest news of all.

I am no longer unemployed, a somewhat notable event in my life.

I completed my first whole week and I am enjoying the work and the people. I have my own office, come and go when I please and get to work independently. How can this be a bad thing? I am officially back in the workforce and a contributing member of society.

In my vast job hunting experience, it had to be the strangest interview I have ever had. I went into the director's office and he asked me why I applied for the job. I briefly answered. He proceeded to explain the program, explain the website and explain the funding. He then, after a half an hour and hardly any questions directed at me, turned to me and said, "so, do you want the job?" I said, "yes," and then he proceeded to give me assignments. Okay.

It has been quite some time that I have been unemployed. How do I explain? Well, I wanted some time to figure life out. I think that I have been running so hard all of my life, that I didn't take time to stop and think what would actually make me happy. I think that we often do that in our lives. I am convinced now, that it is so important to really evaluate what success actually means to us and to set our priorities to that and stop worrying about the rest.

I hope you are all enjoying your Memorial Day weekend. It's off to home for us!

No comments: