
I have this gift of being able to pick the winning car right from the start. Don't I wish that was a skill you could put on a resume. I know just how to pick them, and it is never the most aggressive car. Last night there was a shiny new car that roared into action (why they used such a nice car is beyond me) another car hits the side of it and rolls it right onto it's top. I've never seen a crowd so excited. And then, don't even get me started on the band and huge masses of people line dancing.
Half of the entertainment at a demolition derby, is watching the crowd. You get a real variety. I must say that I was fairly disappointed this year, I did not see one mullet, not even a good handle bar mustache. Must be that huge population of college students that made it almost look normal.
While Logan's derby's have been memorable, nothing compares to the Tooele County Fair Demolition Derby. Ah, the wranglers, the mullets, the goths, the emos, the people with a beer in each hand getting drunk. There is so much fun to be had. I do have a rather shocking confession to make, yes, there was one year that I handed out awards to Demolition Derby winners. How does one earn such an honor? I know you are all dying to know, well, being part of the Miss Tooele County royalty. We sat right next to the dirt and watched a recently paroled jailbird try to run over an official and get handcuffed yet again.

I am so looking forward to more demolitions to come, especially if they have another Greased Pig Chase. Perhaps next year they'll have an adult division. We can only hope.
2 comments:
Hey Gentri, I blog stalked you from Michelle's blog, how are you guys? We really need to get together soon!
Sounds like fun! You are right, the Tooele Demo is full of interesteing characters!
Got your comment asking about saving money. Try these: www.pinchingyourpennies.com and www.notlivingwithout.blogspot.com Good luck!
Post a Comment