
I will be starting graduate school in the fall at Utah State University!
Today I received my acceptance letter in the mail. I have to admit that I have been quite antsy waiting to hear back from Utah State. It took weeks to get everything turned in, tests taken and letters of recommendation but I finally made it. I will be studying Instructional Technology, an education based program where you learn how to use different medias to effectively teach or convey information.
Who knew that this would be what I was doing at this time in my life? Grad school was something that I had thought about but never really thought could happen for me. I didn't expect it at all. It's so exciting to think that I have the opportunity to make a career shift and develop skills in an area that I truly enjoy. It has been a long, hard path coming to this decision but I wouldn't change anything.
As I think back on the past several years, so often I can see the hand of the Lord guiding my life. He has been guiding me and helping me along. When I lost my job due to lay offs, I was disappointed at the prospect of job hunting again and more life change. In the past months, what I have been able to accomplish, fulfill and realize about myself has led to some of the most incredible experiences of my life. I realize now the things that I have been learning, the strength I have gained and the new perspective I have on life and happiness. I am thankful for every experience along the way, even if I didn't appreciate them at the time, for the hand of God in our lives and his tender mercies.
I am so excited for the new experiences to come, and for the fall semester to start!
Painting by Kate Moriarty
1 comment:
I told you!! You are brilliant. Everyone would want you in there department. Just don't get a job. ok?
Post a Comment