Wednesday, October 1, 2014

White Noise

I have a lot of ideas about parenting, about what to do and how to make things happen.  Slowly I'm breaking down.  It's true. 

Amy is not a stellar sleeper.  By not stellar I mean, doesn't want to nap unless she's right next to me and wakes at night.  A lot.  Especially with all of the moves and different sleeping situations, there were some nights in the hotel where she was waking 5 or 6 times a night. 

I have tried to do sleep training but there were limitations with our two bedroom condo and a hotel room with people all around.  To some extent, we had to help her sleep, no matter what. 

I have been weary.  Which I think is beyond tired.   I'm not complaining, I just think this is probably a part of parenthood that I should remember that I survived.

Things have been gradually improving as we get more and more settled in.  But this week, a huge change came.  I broke down and started using white noise.  It was one of those things that I didn't want to use because she should learn to sleep without it but now, I'm a believer.  She is napping!  She is falling asleep at night!  She is sleeping!!

A few more nights of this and I might actually feel like a person again. White noise.  Best invention ever.

No comments: