“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
―
L.M. Montgomery,
Anne of Green Gables
Oh Anne, you are so right. It's been a lovely October thus far. As a side, some of the Anne books are my all time favorite reads. There is so much wisdom in their words.
Our life has been much more settled this month. It's been busy but not strung out kind of busy, you know what I mean.
Most nights, since the weather has been so nice, you can find us eating dinner out on the deck. It is my favorite part of the house and reminds me so much of being in Ophir (the canyon where my grandparents owned a cabin). I have been watching the "forest" of trees in our backyard as they are slowly changing for fall. Right now there are spots of yellow and a bit of red creeping in.
Amy is crawling all around! She is exploring and grabbing and getting into everything. It is so fun to see her crawling over to me. We have been baby proofing everything. She is really pleased with this new milestone and I guess we are too. I remember that when Leo started crawling, I wanted to pull my hair out but now, it's not such a big deal. Mostly it's fun to watch her enjoy herself.
It's the season of pumpkin patches. I am officially drawing the line at 3 and will not go to any more, even though we've been invited to two more. I am going to be a party pooper and not go. Pumpkin patches are a big deal out here. The farms go all out and have slides, games, bounce houses, rides. We went to one down in Fredricksburg called Belvedere Plantation. We were there all day and still didn't do everything.
![]() |
| Look at his face. He just loved it and had a great time being one of the kids. |
My sister had a new baby this last week and I am longing to be there and meet the new little guy. I miss them all and most likely always will while we live here, but that is life. I have talked to them all several times so I don't feel too far away.
I was in charge of our preschool co op this week and I taught about pumpkins. We made pumpkins shakers, sang songs, and read a cute pumpkins story "It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!" It's all about emotions and the kids liked it.
I have been serving with the Activity Day girls at church. We have six 8 and 9 year old girls and I am enjoying it. I really liked to be that age when I was growing up so I find lots of things to talk to the girls about.
Heber is liking his job. He's still in the adjustment period but is really positive about the environment and the work that he gets to do. He's been working on all sorts of little projects around the house. This week it has been new blinds to replace the mini blinds (I swore I would never live in a house with mini blinds again).
Leo loves trains and cars still. He talks about his birthday all the time, I better get planning a great party. I am potty training him this week, oh boy.
So, that's the latest. Well, most of it, this post is already long enough!






No comments:
Post a Comment