![]() |
| The Mom's and kids. |
![]() |
| We held it out on our beautiful deck. Officially my favorite part of the house! |
![]() |
| Amy, standing up! |
![]() |
| The whole crew |
I thought I'd share some recipe's because I am always on the hunt for new great recipes and these two are ones that I cook all the time.
Black Bean Spread (from Cooking Light)
I make this one all the time. It's quick to whip up and so delicious. Even the kids like it! When I make it just for us, I usually half the recipe and just do one can of beans.
Ingredients
3
garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup
chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons
fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons
extravirgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon
salt
1
(15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1
(15-ounce) can black beans, undrained
Cilantro sprig (optional)
With food processor running, drop garlic through food chute; process until minced. Add fresh cilantro and next 5 ingredients (through undrained beans), and process until smooth. Garnish with cilantro sprig, if desired.
Beatrice Johnson's Chicken Enchiladas (a Grantsville recipe)
Never half this recipe. Ok, just kidding, it's so delicious you will really want them all and it will make a ton. I often freeze a pan when I make this. They taste just as good coming out of the freezer.
Combine and set aside
1 pint sour cream
1 7 3/4 oz. can green chili, Ortega
3 cups chicken breasts, cubed and cooked
2 10 3/4 oz cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
Cook in a pan until soft/tender
1 cup water
1 onion chopped
1 cup celery
2 cups carrot (really! Vegetables in the recipe!)
2 1/2 cups grated cheese
1 package tortillas
Prepare vegetables to cook and place in water to cook for 45 minutes. When thoroughly cooked, mash or pulverize. Boil chicken (I usually use canned chicken or a cooked rotisserie chicken from Costco). Assemble the sour cream, chilis and cream of chicken soup, add the chicken, the cooked vegetables and the cheese and mix. Scoop ingredients to a tortilla and roll. Place in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered.






1 comment:
How fun! I can my wait to come visit and sit on your deck!!
Post a Comment