I'm so tired of thinking/talking about it. Can't we just be done with it already?
Moving is emotionally and physically draining. On one end you're trying to say goodbye on the other, the real work starts of building a new life. Making new friends, finding activities and figuring the new area out. Moving has been full of deep learning experiences, but maybe I'm ready for life to just be a little easier for a while.
We went on a walk last week and Heb and I had a discussion about Abraham Lincoln. (Completely beside the point, but did you know that Lincoln had a copy of the Book of Mormon checked out from the Library of Congress for months until right after the Emancipation Proclamation?) It had been ages since we've talked about something other than a) moving and all the stuff that goes with it b) kids c) logistics d) Cub Scouts (I kid you not). I think those things have just been so all consuming.
I'm so ready to be settled into a place that we can really call home. It's not that we don't have the means or capacity, its just trying to determine where we want our life to be and how we want to live it. These are questions that have to be answered thoughtfully.
At this moment, I'm thinking about hope. We heard a talk in church today about hope, that it's optimism and trust in God. For me, hope is signing up for music class, hope is moving forward and making new friends. Hope is believing that God will answer our prayers because He has before. So for now, I'm filled with hope. It's all going to work out.
And, in all the craziness of life decisions, I can't help but be grateful for our life. Even in uncertainty, it's pretty good.
![]() |
| Super Leo! Doesn't this just make you smile? |




2 comments:
I couldn't agree with you more- so perfectly said. Love and miss you guys.
Hope, I needed that reminder! FYI your kids always make me smile, super Leo or not
Post a Comment