We took a trip up to Heber's work tonight. He'd left his phone and we thought we'd make an activity out of it. We spent the time walking around the grounds and talking about SDL.
Heb has been working for SDL for over seven years. He started as a student engineer and moved up to be a full time employee. It was his first "real" job and has seen us through some really good times.
 |
| Heber's first office as a student |
 |
| Way back in the day as a student employee, 2009 |
I feel rather nostalgic when we go up there because I spent a summer working there too. Right before grad school, I put together their 50th Anniversary celebration which was a full day of sky divers, food, bounce houses, kids activities, informational booths and demonstrations as well as tours of the facility. It is one of those things that I have done that I feel so proud of. I was so happy with how it all turned out and there aren't all that many experiences in your life where you just feel pleased. Read all about
it here.
We were at a BBQ a few nights ago at my best friend's and we were joking about SDL because Heb works there, I spent a summer there, my best friend had worked there for a couple of years as a receptionist and one of our other friends at the BBQ had worked there as a tech writer. SDL has played a role in all of our lives.
 |
| In Heb's sun filled office. |
No comments:
Post a Comment