It was Mother's Day. I love this holiday. (Let's be honest, what holiday don't I love? Ok, Halloween, St. Patrick's Day...but still). We tried to celebrate our mothers by spending some time with them.
We took a trip to Hogle Zoo with Heb's parents. It has been at least 15 years since I've been to that zoo. It is so different and way better than I expected (it better be at over $15 a ticket). I love seeing the world through the eyes of Leo. He is just so joyful and excited about everything.
The highlight was that Heb and I went on a date. We have been going to Trolley Square together since even before we were married. We love the Tabula Rasa store (so awesome! But so not kid friendly). We wandered around the beautiful stationary and Heb dreamed about fountain pens. It's so nice to have a minute together alone.
Heb flew out early Sunday morning after a very eventful night (Leo was up screaming and I didn't blame him on this one. I would have screamed for an hour too.). Heb flew to a destination that shall not be named (you can't get all the details on the blog. You do have to talk to me too). I celebrated Mother's Day with Amy screaming bloody murder in church and other times during the day too. I did get to visit with my extended family. I am always in awe of my family, especially my Aunt Mel. She surprises me every time I talk to her.
![]() |
| My first mother's day gift from Leo. |
Heber was supposed to be home on Monday but his flight was delayed, and delayed and then he ended up in Dallas. Note to self, avoid the Dallas Airport like the plague. It is apparently notorious for delays. He did snag his own cot and spent yet another night with no sleep.
I finally got Heber picked up at the airport at noon the next day. Poor guy looked like he hadn't slept in days and smelled even worse. He slept all the way home and into the evening.
So, there you have it. Crazy. Weekend.









No comments:
Post a Comment