Friday, May 16, 2014

Nature and a Perfect Day

I loved today.  It was one of those perfect weather days, not too cold, not too hot.  We went up to the Stokes Nature Center in Logan Canyon to our Parent and tot class.  I was just basking in the green growing everywhere, the sound of the river and watching my boy throw rocks like a champ.  It was so peaceful.

We have to hike up a short trail to get to the center.  Over the past couple of months, I have watched the trees bud and then grow into leaves.  The world went from cold and brown to leafy green.  I don't think I ever paid attention to stuff like that before.  Now, Leo and I stop and examine the butterfly flying among purple flowers or to talk about dandelions. And meeting some new buddies to throw rocks in the river isn't too bad either.
I never thought I would be one of those people who signed up for a bunch of classes.  I'm more of a "let your child play and explore" kind of person but I have been so happy with this little class.  That and it was time that we met more people with kids Leo's age. 
Leo and his rainbow project.
We met up with Heber at Hydro Park (the one where we got engaged) to have lunch together.  I told him that I refused to go inside on such a perfect day.  After our long, cold winter, we have to appreciate this little window of good weather.

No comments: