It was Leo's birthday last week.
I think Leo knew that it was his special day too. Every time I said
"it's your birthday," he would look up at me with a big toothy grin
(almost 6 teeth now!).
We threw two parties. One with his little friends and one in the evening for another round of friends and family. As you've read here, I am a part of a group of mom's with one young baby. They have been so kind and supportive over this past year. I don't know what I'd do without them.
 |
| The whole gang of littles. |
 |
| The crazy fun! |
 |
| Amy and Zach. |
 |
| Best buddies Zach and Leo. |
 |
| Rebecca and Will |
 |
| Leo, Amanda and Jasper. |
It was a very special day for
us all. Because, let's be honest, the first birthday is as much
celebrating us as parents as it was Leo. We made the transition to
becoming parents. We learned how to care for a baby and made it to one
year.
 |
| Leo not loving his chocolate cake but loving ice cream. |
 |
| The decor. Putting it together was like a walk through this past year. Oh how he's grown. |
The whole day I just felt grateful (and very tired by the end too). So
grateful that Leo is in our family. Grateful for Heber because I
couldn't have done it without him. He is ever my support.
 |
| Our cousins. They love Leo and are so sweet with him. So glad we live close. |
 |
| Leo and BJ (Boolean Junior). The Blake's have a schnauzer named Boolean and they got Leo a little twin schnauzer. |
 |
| Our friends, the Blake's, who have become part of our family out here. |
 |
| Our families were able to join in to see the festivities through skype. |
Thinking back on it, I am overwhelmed by the love and support we
received from our family and friends. There were so many sweet gifts,
phone calls, and people who joined us to celebrate at the parties. It
was just wonderful. Thank you all.
1 comment:
Congrats on making it 1 year! It's such a big milestone, especially for the parents like you said! Leo is cute as ever.
Post a Comment