Monday, November 5, 2012

Politics

Tomorrow is election day.

I don't consider myself excited about politics, or politicians or parties, even taking into account my history of working in a politicians office.  I was excited at one time but I think the excitement was lost (another story for another post). 

We, here in Virginia, are living in a battleground state.  Every day, we get multiple mailers.  It's all over the news and commercials are never ending.  And now, I'm tired.  If I hear another political ad or another story on our presidential candidates, it will be too soon. 

I have been somewhat on the fence as far as the candidates go.  Each have things that I disagree with.  I realize that there is no perfect candidate and I have to make a decision. 

As I was eating breakfast this morning, I heard about a political rally.   Having lived in Utah for much of my life (not what you'd consider a battleground state for the presidential election), I've never had the opportunity to attend a rally. So I went.  Me and Leo.  I have to say that it was exciting to see people passionate about something. 




1 comment:

Candyce said...

That looks so cool! I would love to hear about your experience working in a politicians office. I vaguely remember you talking a little about it once, but I don't think I heard the full story. Anyway, from someone who has always been on the outside looking in it would be interesting
. Little Leo is adorable! Glad to see you guys are doing well!