Friday, November 30, 2012

Pre Christmas

The holiday season is upon us.  Is it just me, or does it seem like it's been ages since Thanksgiving?

In the usual way, right after Thanksgiving, we got all excited about the holidays and dragged our decoration boxes up from the garage.  I started the Santa preparations (the elves were very early this year) and even got our Christmas card all put together (not mailed yet).

And then, it was November 28th.  Not even December then.

Once again, Thanksgiving was really early this year.  I'm used to rushing, rushing and just barely making it to get everything prepared for Christmas.  Perhaps I'm one of those people who need a deadline, some pressure to get things done.  This is true.  It's also true with books.  When I check things out from the library, I read them.  When I purchase them (even books that I really want), on the shelf they sit.  Not because I don't want to read them, there is just no deadline to do so.  Tell me it works that way for you too.  Sometimes?  Just me?  

Ok, so I guess our Decembers in the past have been crazy.  Last year we had a newborn (no crazier time in a life, I'd say), and pretty much all the years before I was in school.  When you have finals until the middle of the semester, it does make December much shorter.

So now I get to sit back and relax a bit.  Hmm...I think it's time for a made for TV movie.  Love December!

No comments: