There is something magical about the holiday season. At mom group today, we were talking about this, about Santa and magic. Now that I'm the mom, it's my turn to make it special. It reminded me of a blog post I wrote several years ago. You can read it here.
It's a lot of effort to make it special. After Leo's birthday and Thanksgiving, I was pretty burned out. Heb's been working long hours on a project deadline, Leo wasn't sleeping all that well and I've just been tired. This has led to me being tired and generally bored with everything. Getting everything up has given me a little boost to get excited for the holidays and our trip home.
We put up the tree, twinkle lights, snowflakes. It's a lot of work to get it all up, but I know there's at least one person who really appreciated it. Leo has been loving the decorations. When he came down the next morning, he wanted to touch it all. He looked and looked. It took me a full half hour to get him to calm down enough to eat breakfast.
I probably won't remember being tired but I'll remember his excitement for the holidays. It's time to embrace the special.
![]() |
| Snowflakes suspended in our kitchen. |
![]() |
| This is Leo's "I'm very interested" face. |
| |||
| As we were putting them up, he was so excited that he stood on his own for the first time without even realizing it. |
![]() |
| The next morning. |





No comments:
Post a Comment