Saturday, March 23, 2013

Strawberry, Mint and Pinwheels

I have never been much of a party thrower.  As I've written before, I'm more of a good food/good company person, few frills.  This time, however, was special.  My good friend Jamie recently adopted a baby.  Yay!  Another friend, Sarah, and I got together to throw her a shower.  We may have gotten a little carried away. 
Sarah, me, Jamie and baby Veda
A couple of weeks ago, I went to girls night out with some of my mom friends.  Most had ordered a cocktail and I wanted to order a fun drink too.  So, I ordered a mojito, without the rum.  It was fresh and light and I wanted to recreate it for this party and to make it a slushy.  Heber calls them Mo-Mojitos, you know Mormon Mojitos. 
Here's the recipe I came up with.  Strawberry Mint Mo-Mojitos
2 1/4 cups ice
3 fresh mint leaves
3 fresh strawberries (I'm sure you could substitute frozen)
2/3 cup Diet 7 Up
3 tbs. Limeade Juice Concentrate (straight from the can from the freezer section)
2 tsp. Sugar

Put all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until it's a smoothy texture.  Add more mint or sugar to taste.

 Here's some of the decor from our pinwheel themed shower.

Ribbon Mobile

Pinwheel Mobile


A little graphic I put together.  Let me know if you want a copy.

It was such a nice evening.  And the Mo Mojitos were a hit.

1 comment:

Loni said...

Thank you for the recipe! So glad everything turned out great. Your pinwheel mobile could not have been cuter!