In this digital world we live in, things change all the time. I have to keep a list of all the sites and things I've signed up for and their passwords to keep it all straight. I'm sure you do the same. I don't know how many email addresses I've had over the years...at least 8 that I can think of off the top of my head. But there has always been one constant through all the years, my hotmail account.
From the very beginning, I'm talking my first email address way back in high school, it was hotmail. Over the years it's become a clogged junk account but for a long time it was my main one.
Did you hear that hotmail is going away?
I just read an article about it and I have to admit that I'm kinda sad. I think I'm sentimental about this old account. You'd think that over the years and it filling up with junk that I'd shut it down like I have all the other accounts but I could never seem to get rid of this one.
This account reminds me of who I was before. Two big memories come to mind....
FCCLA
It makes me think of FCCLA (you know, the high school club, Family Career and Community Leaders of America). When I was a senior in high school, I was a state officer for that organization and it was one of the most shaping experiences of my life.
I grew up in a small town for my entire life. Which meant that when I grew up and transitioned somewhat into the real me, people still saw me as I was all the time before. When I was elected to state office, I was, interacting with people who had never met me before. They didn't remember what I was like as a 7th grader or any age. I could just be me and it felt so good. It was all put together via emails on my hotmail account.
Heber
While Heb and I were dating, we would send each other emails. There was a summer that I lived in Logan and he lived in Salt Lake, some of our most memorable emails are during that time. When Heb left on his mission (way before we were married, we're talking almost a decade ago), I would occasionally get emails from him. When you don't get any contact except letters from someone, seeing an email in your inbox is something to be excited about.
Well, I guess it's time to see the chapter close. Since the beginning, it's seen me through some really good times. RIP hotmail, old friend.
1 comment:
I didn't know Hotmail was going away. It's my junk e-mail account too. It was not my first e-mail account, but like you, I still have it unlike so many others that have come and gone.
Post a Comment