As I've mentioned before, we've been having the serious conversations of what to do next in our life. Those big questions of where to settle and what job to pursue are hanging heavily over our heads.
We lived in Logan for almost a decade (on and off before we were married and then after) and with Heb's company located there, there is the potential that we will return to live there.
Logan really was a great place to live. I could point to a hundred things that we liked about it: the proximity to our families, recreation, the arts opportunities like the festival opera and Lyric Theater, a great library, interesting downtown and then there's the great medical care (you should see some of the Dr. offices here. So run down).
![]() |
| Graduation day with Old Main. Brings back lots of good memories being in school. |
![]() |
| Center Street in Logan. Home to the Lyric and Great Harvest Bread. One of my favorite parts of town. |
![]() |
| The farmer's market. |
![]() |
But there are some major downsides like the LONG winters. We're talking nine months of the year cold. And it is fairly transient with people moving in and out, making it difficult to make friends. Or the fact that we've already been there and done that. Will we like it without being students?
Heb discovered some websites where you can answer a series of questions and it will spit out a city that would most fit you. Guess what city was at the top of the list? Logan. It was kind of creepy. I mean, of all the places in the country, the one place that we just moved away from turns out to be the "ideal" city for us. I am not making this up.
And today, I ran onto an article on Facebook. Apparently, Logan is the third best college town in America according to a rating by livability.com. Heb and I like the idea of living in a college town. There are so many benefits that come with living near a campus. There are arts and theater opportunities, diversity and community educational opportunities.
Here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=21904424
For now, we are at the "who knows?" part of this decision. But does it seem like it's all pointing to a return to Logan, or is it just me?




4 comments:
I might be saying this because I miss you but I agree it all points to Logan.
yes come back!!! would love to have a friend to do stuff with around here!!
We too like college towns and the conveniences of Logan. Plus, it seems new places are coming here all the time...just the other day I heard about a new dance/fitness studio offering Mom & Me classes! I'm beyond excited to check-out. But, as far as the downsides, I'm so with you on those. As for now though, we feel pretty lucky to have such a nice place to start our young family in. Can't beat the views, the friendly people, and lots of family centered activities.
Thanks for that KSL link! Would you mind passing along that other link that you said Heber found that tells you where you should live based on the answers you provide? That's sounds neat.
The website that Heber was using is http://www.findyourspot.com/.
Post a Comment