Friday, August 10, 2012

Exploring

I have a fascination with caves.  I think it is the neatest thing to wander through caverns under the earth's surface.  I'm thinking it originated in Ophir by my grandparent's cabin.  There was an old mine entrance right across the way from them that cool air always billowed out of.  I always wanted to go into one but never had the chance. 

Years ago, while celebrating one of our first anniversaries, we went to Minnetonka Caves near Bear Lake.  Since then I've associated caves with being together and special times in our life.  And ok, I may have some flashbacks to Goonies (A great sick day movie). 

Last weekend, while down by the Shenandoah Mountains, we stopped in to see a cave.  The Skyline Caverns were unlike any cave I've seen before.  Their formations looked like plants you would find on the bottom of an ocean.  We were excited for Leo to see his first cave.





No comments: