I went to a movie today, "What to Expect When You're Expecting." Leo and I trekked all the way down to Tysons Corner to meet up with some friends to see the movie. Now, this is not just a regular showing. Oh no, this is a mama movie. At this movie, the lights are dim but on, the movie is quieter and there are strollers everywhere! There were traffic jams of strollers of people trying to get through. Lining every possible space were rows and rows of strollers.
I'm telling you, it was mayhem. This is the kind of showing where it is perfectly acceptable if your baby is crying, and believe me, the baby next to us woke Leo with her crying. It's funny though, how you tune out all the extra noise. You can nurse with no thought or worry of what other people think. There were moms bouncing babies in the aisles, fussing little ones, babies standing and tapping me on the shoulder and of course me and Leo.
Somewhere in the middle I thought, well, this is my life, here at the mom movie. These are my people and this is exactly what I'm doing right now. It's a whole new life, new friends and social groups and new worries. I'm a playgroup attending, mom movie go-er.
I think I'm feeling a lot more confident as a mom. As the months go by, I learn more and more about what to do and what not to worry about. Perhaps I'm fitting into this world a little better. Just think, two summers ago I was with the blue haired crowd at the Noon Musics and now I'm with the bald head crowd. Quite a change.
1 comment:
It actually sounds like a total blast to go to!!!!!
Post a Comment