The weather has been incredible lately. The humidity seems to have
taken a short hiatus and we are left basking in the 70 degree sunshine. We got a phone call on Saturday from the Blake's to join them on an outdoor adventure and we couldn't help ourselves.
We made our way up to Great Falls. Who knew there was a waterfall here?
Living in this metropolis area, I find myself missing being in the mountains and trees. I think I took it for granted when we lived in Logan. Whenever we wanted we could run up one of several canyons for a cookout or hike.
 |
| The Crimson Trail, 2010 |
 |
| 2010, Logan Canyon |
|
 |
| Logan Canyon with the Hawks, 2009 |
|
|
|
 |
| The Wind Caves, 2006 |
 |
| In our canyon, Green Canyon, 2006 |
Now, the opportunities are few and I crave a good fire in the mountains. To be away from life and in the quiet. This trip felt a bit like home though. Our life here is pretty hectic and traffic ridden, it was so nice to take a minute away and be in nature (even though there was still quite a crowd). We did some hiking on the bank of the river and I just really enjoyed being out among the rocks and water. I think it was good for my soul. It's in those places I seem to think more clearly and put some issues into a different perspective.
We ended the day with a trip to the Container Store (wow, that place merits a post of it's own) and a pork salad from the newly opened Cafe Rio. Oh yeah.
 |
| Hands down, my new favorite picture of my two favorite guys. |
 |
| And our sweet boy. Just look at those cheekers. |
1 comment:
living here all these years and I've never made it to Great Falls - for shame! I'm glad you guys could get away and enjoy nature.
Post a Comment