I am crossing over to the dark side.
It's true. I guess you all should know...that I'm getting my real estate license. Now, I know what you're thinking, Gentri, a real estate agent, no way. Believe me, I'm there with you. It was right up there on the list of things I would never do with things like becoming a used car salesman and wearing leopard print, and yet here we are.
I've been working on the online training for almost 2 months and am over half way through. Everyday, I sit down and digest hours of videos and power point slides on things like deeds, foreclosure and loan types.
At dinner tonight, Heb was chatting about a friend of his and their terrible real estate agent experience, which got me talking about our terrible real estate agent experience, which led to another story and then my blood started to boil. This is why I'm putting myself through this. It's these experiences exactly. I don't want to have to deal with someone else. I don't want to play the game or be played, I want to have the knowledge. Whoever said that knowledge is power was absolutely right. So day after day I do it.
Do I ever expect to be a practicing real estate agent? No, not really. Luckily for us, we have a broker in the family and I'm planning on selling my own condo (hopefully soon) and purchasing a home and then I plan to hang it all up. Perhaps I'll help an occasional friend or family member purchase a home.
So, there it is. I'm doing what I said I'd never do and part of me thinks it's not that bad. Maybe it's not so bad knowing all this stuff. I'm thinking it will come in handy someday.
Or maybe....well, did I ever tell you a story about the real estate agent we met with a diamond embedded in her tooth? Well, you never know what might happen. Maybe I'll have to buy one of those classy blazers too. Hmm, I wonder what Heber would think of that? Oh, and what about a business card with some glamor shots of me...yes! I can see it now.
1 comment:
Now we will know who to call the next time! You look amazing, your trip sounds fun. I am excited for all the things you guys have in store.
Post a Comment