Friday, September 6, 2013

Labor Day

It's been quite the week.  We found out we are expecting a girl, we celebrated our anniversary over Labor Day.  We also heard some not so happy things about the new job (which I'm not going to get into) and we told everyone that we were moving.  Which is such a hard thing, especially with many friends who have become our family out here.

I dreaded telling some about the move.  It was incredibly hard.  These past few years have been some of our hardest but most happy.  I've learned so much about myself and we've grown closer as a couple as we faced all the changes together.

Our friends have become so much more important and it's hard to leave them behind.  I think many of them will stay "our people" for a good long time.  

Let's see some happy things from this weekend, snap us out of this dreary post. Labor Day weekend was filled with so many fun things.  It was just what we needed to cheer us up, and we needed some cheering up after this week.  We played with friends, BBQ'd, went on a date! 
Leo got to play with some of his favorite friends.  It's a little buddy picture!

We spent the morning at the Old Town Alexandria Farmer's Market.
We saw this incredible view from the top of the Masonic Temple.  I toured it years ago but it's been on our list to visit again.
The George Washington Memorial Masonic Temple.
Here's us at the top.  Yes, we were "those" people on the tour with a loud, wildy boy.  He was not happy to be there, as you can tell.
We went out for breakfast and played in a fountain.
We hosted our friends from the South, the Kudin's.  We always love having them come visit.

Heb and I got a date in Georgetown to celebrate our Anniversary!

We decided to be tourists for the evening and eat at the very popular DC Cupcakes.  They were so delicious and I don't even like frou frou cupcakes.  It was even worth a 30 minute wait in line.  Can you tell I'd go back?


 Happy Labor Day!  Best weekend of the year!

No comments: