![]() |
| Us, kites and the Washington Memorial. |
We went into the Kite Festival in DC on the National Mall on Saturday. I can hardly remember the last time I flew a kite. Isn't that something that I could have fit into my life even once a year? Well, the grad school years were pretty busy so I'm not surprised I didn't go then. I have to say though, that having Leo around sure has changed the way we do things around here.
I find myself doing small fun things like going to the park or stopping to smell some flowers. We went to a farm and saw chickens today. We watched those chickens for a good 10 minutes. Those things that I never seemed to have time for are made worthwhile or even exciting through the eyes of our Leo.
Before, I was always too busy chasing this or that to pay attention to a dog next door or a bird on the window sill. These are what life is made up of now. These little moments as I watch Leo point or concentrate hard. This is what it's all about.
It's a hassle to haul a toddler into the city but watching him point at the kites made it all worth it. Oh, and good company helps too. Glad our friends Kelly, Martin and Noah could join us.
I hope I never forget to fly a kite, even when Leo is all grown up.





No comments:
Post a Comment