Soon after Leo was born, I was feeling overwhelming feelings caring for a newborn while living thousands of miles from the people that mattered most to us. It was at this crucial point in my life that I started attending the New Mom Group put on through our local hospital system.
Every Monday, Leo and I would go down and meet new moms and babies and connect through our common challenges. It was a real turning point in helping me to be a happy mom. Having communities of people are critical to my happiness.
For months we attended the group and met many wonderful people. When Leo was a year, I knew it was time to move on to another activity. From that group, I made friends with a collection of moms.
We get together often and have watched our babes go from just a few months old to running and playing. We've helped each other through every imaginable first year challenge.
The last one of our group will turn one this week. We went to his birthday on Saturday. We celebrated Jasper turning a year and his mom, because I think that the first birthday is just as much about the baby as it is the mom. Each of our babes is officially a toddler and we've watched them grow up together.
![]() |
| The babes, ages ago. |
![]() |
| The babes on Leo's first birthday |
![]() |
| The moms at girls night out. |






No comments:
Post a Comment