Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween Hauntings

So, Halloween is not my favorite holiday. I love Christmas, Thanksgiving, fourth of July, any but just not Halloween. Really, what is so great about decorating with skulls, oozing items, scary faces? I'm just not a huge fan.

As I was thinking about this, I thought of a Halloween that may have impacted this. I was in kindergarten and I remember it fairly vividly for how long ago that was. That year I dressed up as the tooth fairy. My mom made this great costume complete with an "I love clean teeth" pin and a flowy skirt made up of many panels of shiny fabric. We got to wear our costumes to school and I was so excited. Sitting in the lunchroom, I was worried about my skirt getting dirty so I untied it and set it to the side. I had nothing to worry about, I was wearing tights and shorts, or so I thought. Halfway through lunch I look down and I realize that I can see my patterned undies through my tights. I was mortified. I quickly wrapped my skirt back around me. You don't easily get over an experience like that.

But Halloween this year was a pretty good time. We attended a party or two, saw my nephews in the cutest costumes and went to see Sweeney Todd on campus. What a great show!



Have you ever seen a cuter rodeo clown? Didn't think so.

Heb and I, in traditional fashion, had a hard time deciding what to be for Halloween. I decided to go for the Medusa look with lots of snakes and he fell back on an old classic, the Nerd. Back when we were dating, Heb dressed up as a nerd the first Halloween. I tease him that it doesn't really count if you dress up as what you already are. :)

This year


Here we are back in the day with some friends.

1 comment:

James +Tami + Max said...

So Long ago!! we look so young. I remember that night very well