Thursday, April 7, 2016

The New Studio


Let me introduce the new studio.
Let me just say that this has long been a dream of mine, although, I never expected that I would ever have something like this in my own home.   I've been sneaking down here in the evenings to create.  It's really my one quiet place in the whole house. 

A few weeks ago, Heber finished the new studio.  I couldn't be more thrilled with the outcome.  There are still a few small things here and there to work on but it is functional and wonderful.  I have felt so inspired in the space and have already created some incredibly exciting new things. Everything is always where I leave it.  Which, if you're a mom too, you understand the beauty of things being in their place.
At the beginning of the year, I set a goal for myself to start to sell my glass work.  It's been a big process because I want to do it right.  I signed up for a vendor fair in May and have been working toward producing projects to fill a table.  This shouldn't seem like such a big deal but it is to me.   It's nerve wracking putting my work out there.


As part of putting my work out there, I just barely finished the redesign of my website, gentrigreen.com.  This was a big job and I learned some things about wordpress which have come in handy.  I ordered some business cards which means that I'm about to become a real person.  Any other free moment has been spent designing in the glass studio.  Oh, and you know, being a mom, running a home and our life here. 




1 comment:

Wendy said...

Congrats! Having a home studio is definitely a dream of mine as well. Your site looks beautiful!