Thursday, February 26, 2015

Life Lately in February

We are nearing the end of February and I am looking forward to spring already.  We've been snowed in for the past couple of weeks.  Snow, in Logan, was not a big deal.  There would be a foot or two on the ground and off we went to every activity.  Here in Virginia, even the rumor of snow throws everyone into a fit and they cancel everything. 
Our backyard view.
I think the universe is set on Heber and I staying home forever.  Last week's mystery brake problem halted all weekend plans.  This last weekend, it was snow.  We decided to still venture out in it and I went to the bead show.  

We continue to work on the house.  I am determinedly painting all the molding and doors.  It's a slow process but my heart yearns for bright white instead of cream.  Heber blew insulation into the house a few weeks back and it was an exceptionally messy and long endeavor.  That may be something we hire people to do forever.  It has made the house nice and warm though.
We celebrated the day of love with our sweet little valentines.  We went to several valentines parties, ate far too many sugar cookies (oh, how I long for Aunt Leda's sugar cookies.  Nothing compares), and made some darling handmade cards.  We're still at the age that it's cool to make your own to give your friends.
 
I taught our preschool coop a couple of weeks ago.  I had one of those days where it all just came together and that the kids were so happy.  I love when things work out like I hoped.  We made these little "aquariums" as our craft.  Rocks/sand scooped in the bottom, fish stickers on the outside.  I've enjoyed being so involved in his first "school" experience.
 
It's been a good couple of weeks even with all the snow. 
 



No comments: