We have unintentionally been participating in a Washington Fall, George Washington, that is. As I was looking through our pictures from our last few weeks, I was surprised to discover that almost all of them had to do with George Washington sites. Considering we celebrated the Lincoln summer just last summer, this shouldn't surprise me.
We went down to a period fair at Mount Vernon. They shot cannons and had all the period wares.
 |
| Checking things out |
Then there was Washington's Grist Mill. One of those sites that not as many people visit but that I think is really neat. They actually have an operational grist mill that you can watch flour being ground.
And of course, one last visit to Mount Vernon. I'm sure that if it hadn't been 90 degrees Leo would have been a bit happier to be there. Still one of my favorite spots in the area.
No comments:
Post a Comment