When I was brand new in the VA, I was pregnant (as you know). I knew hardly a soul and was trying to adjust to my new life. A gal I had just met (let's be honest, I'd just met pretty much everyone I knew) offered to throw a baby shower for me. Do you know what that meant to me? It was one of the nicest things anyone has done for me. I need to be a friend like that.

Ruth threw a beautiful shower. I had such a good time talking to everyone and enjoying the food. Delish! Right down to the smallest details, it was so nice. Here's some pics. I don't even remember being so pregnant. Ok, I remember but I'm trying to forget.
Do you see that folks? That's blue punch. Awesome.
I'm sitting by Sho there in the middle. Now that she up and moved to Tokyo, I miss her.
What you don't see are the bottles filled with chocolates in the center. Yum!
Well, Ruth had a baby girl this week (and I found the cutest thing for her). And I wanted to say, Congrats! Thank you for being a friend.





1 comment:
Thanks Gentri! What a nice unexpected post! Thanks for coming over the other day with dinner. It was great, and great to be able to talk with you some.
Post a Comment