Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Darling

Christmas is here again. Tomorrow we will be celebrating with family and friends the birth of our Savior. I'm excited for it, but that shouldn't come as a big shock to anyone. I love Christmas!

Our stockings are hung and ready for santa to visit. Leo's is ready too.
The trees are all lit up. I'm not sure what we'll do without them. Leo loves to look up at the trees and the lights, even from right after his birth. My guess it that it's because his little eyes could actually see the Christmas lights. He often sits and stares at the trees.
Heber and I have never been able to agree on real versus fake trees. I believe in the fake, he in the real. We compromised and have two trees. I can't complain, I like decorating both.
My favorite thing this year has been the Christmas cards. My heart warms at the sight of them. With many of our family and friends so far away this year, I have really enjoyed getting cards in the mail. Secretly, I love to receive mail - Christmas or otherwise, except bills of course. I understand the benefits of email and facebook, but there is nothing like opening a paper card. I'm one of those that likes to write and to receive a letter. It's your year in a nutshell and I enjoy getting that glimpse into people's lives.

It's our first Christmas away from home. We are thinking about home and all the good memories. To all of you who are so far away, Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Loni said...

And Merry Christmas to you! Love you guys!

Lacey Sue said...

How wonderful!!! I truly hope you all had a wonderfully beautiful Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you Gen and your beautiful fam!