

Back when I lived in DC before, there were two places that I fell in love with - the botanical gardens and the art gallery. I would take myself down to visit whenever I needed a boost. Surrounded by incredibly beautiful things, I would always come away uplifted. I think we all need to recognize those places in our lives.
Last week all of us ventured out to the art gallery for a couple of hours. The gallery here is in such a grand building, and the art...don't get me started. I always feel in awe standing close to great works by Monet or Degas.
Whenever I visit a museum, it makes me think of traveling. Mostly I think of Europe.
We spent days wandering through museums with artwork hung floor to ceiling. None of this one painting per wall business.
It was Leo's first museum. He was bundled up and covered the whole time so I think he missed it all. That's ok, there's plenty of time for him to enjoy the work of the great masters.
1 comment:
So great to go out and about. Hard not to in DC I bet! I walked SO MUCH after having both babes. Really felt good for my mind and body to do some type of non-strenuous exercise while still being with child.
Post a Comment