Monday, October 10, 2011

Expectations

Well, today was not exactly what I expected.

We went to my routine OB visit this morning and ended up spending most of the afternoon at the hospital. The baby's heart rate was reading fast at the OB and they sent us right over to the hospital to have it monitored.

Hours later of hospital gowns and cords and monitors, the baby's heart rate looks just fine and healthy. I'm not sure what was wrong. They think everything looks ok.

I'm just so thankful that Heber had the day off and had wanted to go with me to my appointment this morning. Can you imagine me doing all of that alone? I don't even want to think about it.

So thank goodness for Columbus Day because it meant Heb was with me, even if I think it's incredibly silly that we celebrate it.

4 comments:

Jamie Blake said...

Oh my goodness, how frightening. I am glad that everything looks okay now, and call me if you need anything k! I would help out no problem~ you just say the word!
Come to think of it, I think the same exact thing happened with my sister a few weeks before she had her twins. I am sure everything will be ok!

Emma Jo said...

I am glad that everything is alright. Don't do that to me! It scared me, I couldn't read fast enough to make sure it all ended well. I cannot wait to hold baby boy! I am glad we are close and I will get to enjoy the "fruits of your labors!"
:)

Lacey Sue said...

Oh hun!!!!! So sorry you went through that!! Glad Heber was able to be there with you, and for you! So glad everything turned out okay!

Ruth said...

Good grief, that sounds like such a pain! At least in the end everything was ok with the baby.