Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Our Humble Abode

This is a post I have been meaning to write FOREVER. I've had all the pictures and such for months but just didn't get it up on the blog. It's been several months since we moved and I have yet to post any pictures of the new place. Our families have been bugging us to see what the place is like, so here are a few pictures.

The living room. Thank goodness Heb's company was closing down an apartment here and donated some couches. They fit in great and made it so we didn't have to buy too much furniture.


The Dining Room with Heber's beautiful table that we finally have a space large enough to use it. I'm still experimenting with the lanterns, the chandeleir was not centered over the table and it's a pretty boring space, so I was trying to make it a bit more exciting.

The random area off of the kitchen.

The kitchen. Pretty nice!

Our bedroom upstairs.

See, I'm finally getting pictures on the walls.

There are two more rooms upstairs (I know! We are living in such luxury). One is our office that we share. It is in a constant state of messiness - how can an office be clean and organized all the time? I just don't think that way. And the second room is the baby's new room....a work in progress that will be revealed in due time.

Our stairs...that is one thing this house has a ton of is stairs both inside and out.

We also have the basement area that is serving as storage/we have no idea what to do with this area kind of space.

So there's the new place. Pretty nice. This was totally not what I was expecting when we came house hunting in the area. I expected something quite small. We did have to make some location sacrifices - like a further distance from the city but it's such a nice place.

And now you can see, we really do have space for you to come and visit....

3 comments:

Loni said...

We're coming! just not sure when. Love how you did the dining room, I think it looks awesome!

Man said...

WOA! I love it!! I want to come visit! (if only we weren't all the way across the country!)

Lacey Sue said...

IT'S HUGE and beautiful, and SPACIOUS, and fun...can you tell I am a bit jealous??!! I love it!