
For Labor Day, Heb and I made our way up north to Annapolis. This little place was so picturesque.

We saw the most beautiful post office I have ever seen - below.

And enjoyed wandering the winding streets.

Annapolis is one of those rare places that there are several reasons to visit. It has great harbor/water views (I've become a quite a fan of water lately), a historic downtown with neat old buildings, great seafood because you're right on the water (which is really saying something because I don't actually like seafood but will tolerate it at it's freshest) and it houses the pretty impressive Naval Academy. Any one of these things would be reason enough to trek up that way.


We took a tour of the Naval Academy. We had it on good authority that it was worth seeing and we weren't disappointed. They have a great museum of Naval history too. It makes me feel completely patriotic visiting a place like that. Now, if only I could get my feet to not swell up, it would be even more enjoyable.


This is a picture of the building where all 4,400 students live. Yes, all of them in one building. They feed them all at exactly the same time. Now that is military precision for you and each student is mandated to spend at least 2 hours a day working out.

All in all, it was worth the trip.
1 comment:
looks like such a beautiful place! Bryce and I will have to head up that way sometime! :)
Post a Comment