We just watched the fireworks over the National Mall and let me tell you, they put on a show. We had some great seats and good company and only had to wait for 3 hours, which is pretty good for out here.
Fireworks always make me feel like a kid. There is no way that I can look up into the sky and not feel the excitement of a 5 year old. I hope it's a feeling that continues on.
I guess you could say that I'm somewhat of a firework traditionalist. I don't mind just watching fireworks. I don't really need them to be choreographed to music because you know they always choose the cheesy Neil Diamond hits. I just like to watch them.
Whenever I think of the 4th, I think of Grantsville. I have so many good memories of 4th's in Grantsville where we would watch the fireworks out on the back lawn or even earlier when we would watch at the back of Grandpa Dave's field. We would munch on the traditional homemade pineapple ice cream while wrapped up in blankets.
There is just something so special and magical about celebrating the 4th of July. Back in the day, we would decorate our bikes to ride in the parade. My parents would help us go all out and we would proudly pedal our way down Main Street with red, white and blue streamers woven through our tires and sparkles waving in the wind. It's one of those holidays that is fun, no matter how old you are (come on, halloween is not that fun as an adult).
There is even more to say about our day and our first holiday here but I'm sure ready to sleep tonight. Another post will follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment