How do you say goodbye to a place that has brought so many good things into my life? With a snowcone, of course. And, other things too, I guess.
I walked around campus and visited all the old haunts. I wrapped up things at the office and returned all my library books (quite glamorous). I stopped to take a shot of this.

It's a mail box. It's the one where Heb and I would write letters to each other while he served. I loved looking inside and seeing an envelope from him. Who doesn't like getting mail from someone you love? There are a thousand places like this. Where we met, where we fell in love, where we got engaged, our first home, first real jobs, my Inisfre Irish Dance group. It's hard to leave it all behind.
In the last few days, I tried to make some time for old friends.

Tami and her kiddos

The Quinney Library Girls. Both ready for big adventures!

The Celtic Girls

Me and Janette at the Dance Review

My Irish class that has been together all these years. I miss you all!!
I made one last stop at my favorite place to eat, Great Harvest Bread, and had "the pilgrim" with Heber.

The big truck pulled into town and the loading began. Thank goodness for friends and family to help make the process a bit easier. We packed all the boxes and shipped it across the country and now I am in Virginia. It feels weird to say that.

To wrap up, we had our last snow cone from the best shack ever, really, and I take my snowcones seriously. It's the one in the Hastings parking lot. Were I not far, far away, you could probably find me waiting in line for one of those babies. So, if you pass by the snowcone shack, please stop by and have one for me!
1 comment:
I'll make sure to go get a snowcone in your honor, and maybe get Noah his first snowcone too! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment