I am actually a fan of Valentines Day. It's one of those holidays that's fun as a child, not so fun during the awkward teen years (you know you all had them) and finally fun again with a spouse. I've written about this before but Heb and I had only been on a few dates before our first v-day. We went up to Bear Lake for some pizza. We spent the whole evening talking and holding hands. It was the first time that I felt there was some deep potential for our relationship. For that reason, I have a fondness in my heart for a day that brought us closer together.
On that night, he gave me a valentine with a sweet little note. I still have it and still love it.
This year for the love holiday, I wanted a new wreath. I feel like such a domestic, I worry about things like holiday wreaths. Once again, I blame it on the dreariness of January. I wanted to do something unique and that would bring up those memories of our first valentine.
I took myself down to the DI and purchased some frames. I painted them up, dug up some felt for flowers and here you go...



The card is the front of his first valentine. I guess that I always want to remember the little things that made our relationship so special. The things that made me first fall in love with him.
I think it turned out pretty good. It's all a work in progress, right?
3 comments:
Oh Gentri its so cute! I love it!
Gentri! I love it!
That is darling!!
Post a Comment