I can't remember if I've written about this before, but I have a funny habit of thinking back to what I was doing exactly a year ago. I like to see where I was and how far I've come.
One year ago I was starting grad school. I came from a series of terrible job experiences and a realization that what I graduated in before was NOT what I wanted to do for a career. I had been accepted into my program and was proud of myself for realizing what I wanted to do with my life (I hoped, anyway).
Today is the first day of school. Fall semester has come again. There's so much that I love about this time of year - the new freshman on campus with the "deer in the headlights" look (I so remember feeling like that my first few days of school), new possibilities and friends to make.
I think this may be my last fall semester ever. This past year has been so good for me. I feel like my confidence has grown, I feel stronger and more sure about what I'm doing and who I want to be. Most of all, I've found things to be excited about. Like, who knew that I really liked HTML and web design? I took the class this summer and was excited to learn and had a desire to learn more (does that rarely happen to other people as well?).
With the new year starting and fun classes at last, I'm just excited.
1 comment:
I do that same thing of looking back a year from now...
Today I was on a walk and smelled that early fall smell that suddenly made me want to be back in school. I have absolutely NO time for that now, but am really glad that I made the time for it when I did because I truly love learning!
Post a Comment