It's funny the things you do as a conference coordinator. I felt like the mom all week. I cleaned up the messes, provided food and made sure all of the needs were met. I'm still tired thinking about it.
I got home on Friday at 5 and we flew out of Salt Lake on Saturday at 3. It was an absolute whirlwind but it was good getting away and not thinking about work for a whole week. Highlights would have to be:
- Heber's gourmet mac and cheese (that man of mine makes a mean mac and cheese)
- the most incredible toy store that had everything. Why don't we have one of these here? There were tables where the kids could play with almost all of the toys. Obviously, Heber had a great time.
- Hiding with my 3 year old nephew to scare Heber and him tooting and giving me a "what?" kind of look. Stinking funny, literally.
- The loop of waterfalls and hikes. AMAZING! I filled up on the green and lushness of it all. I know in just a few months here it will be brown and gray for a long time.
- The beach. Playing in the sand and eating the best hippy pizza. What is it about hippies and incredible food. I even tried duck for the first time. I could move there just for that.
But most of all, just spending time with the families up there. I miss them. Here are some shots of the trip.




No comments:
Post a Comment