Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Big Debut

I just realized that I've left you all hanging. Believe me it wasn't intentional. Things have just been really stressful lately with my job (as you could read).

The big excitement was my NPR debut. On my unwritten bucket list was to be on National Public Radio someday, not just the local station but the nation-wide one. Never did I realize that it would actually happen. It did. Can you believe it?!

On Wednesday I got a call from Washington D.C. It was a person from Weekend Edition notifying me that I had won the opportunity to be on the Sunday Puzzle. For those of you who don't listen to NPR, this doesn't sound like a big deal but to Heb and I this is huge.This was the first time I had ever entered. To be honest, this is the first time I've ever solved the weekly challenge question, mostly because I hear it and then never really think about it again.

Heber was working on it in church the week before and I looked at it and knew the answer immediately. He entered me into the drawing and I jokingly said they'd pick me. Then I was selected out of 2,000 people.



By Thursday I was chitchatting with Lianne (the host) about our shared love of glass and meeting Will Shortz (via phone, of course). It was all a very positive experience, minus missing a few questions. Mostly it was just stinking cool to be part of something that we listen to every week. As you could tell from my last post, I really needed a pick me up after all of the happenings of last week.

Listen here.

What's on your bucket list? What is something you don't ever think will happen but secretly dream that it will?

2 comments:

Kate said...

That is VERY exciting!

My something from my bucket list that I never thought would happen but did was being an audience member on Oprah. It was seriously one of my life dreams. Luckily, while I was living in Chicago a friend of mine got tickets after placing her name on their cancellation list. We got LOTS of free goodies and had so much FUN...we felt star struck for days!

Mindy said...

I like this post! you are so unique and funny! and I'm so excited you can check that one off the list! :)