It's been an interesting couple of weeks. School is out for the summer and I am just working part time at my job, although, I am taking a class and trying to get my portfolio organized. It has been so nice to have more time to work on all of my projects. You know I love my projects.
A few weeks ago, I went down to Women's Conference for one of the days. This year was particularly good for me. It's not often I get to spend a whole day with my mom and aunt just talking and laughing and being inspired. One of the talks particularly spoke to me. It was the closing talk of the day. She spoke about how we are each unique and the path we take in life or the way we return to Heavenly Father will not all be in a straight line.
This is something I have really been thinking about. My life is not a traditional Mormon wife life. I'm 26, Hebs and I have been married for almost 5 years, I don't have any children, after working for a few years, I returned to graduate school to pursue a degree that makes me happy, I work and I am a member of a performing Celtic dance team. It is so easy to look at the outside of my life and make judgments, to wonder why I live the way I do, and to question some of my decisions.
The speaker said that God has a unique plan for each of us. It may not look like the plan of the "norm" but that he will help to guide us to make the best decisions for us. If I've learned anything in my life, it's that there is a reason we have the experiences we do. It really opened my eyes to the need to respect the decisions of others. God has a plan for us and it's not all the same straight line. Even though there are these differences, we should still be drawing together to lift each other up.
So there's my thought for the day.
5 comments:
I am a firm believer in walking your own path!!! I truly am!!! I admire your courage to walk your own path with your head held high. Your an amazing woman! Beyond amazing! You come from a family of amazing women! Cheers to you for being strong enough to walk your own path and do it with the strength and faith you do!!!
Thanks so much for sharing that, sometime it is easy to forget & I think I needed a reminder. I admire the path you are walking, FYI.
Well, I think you're great... and your family pictures turned out adorable!
Bravo!!
Ya gentri what a great thought! it is so true tho... its hard to not compare what we're doing to the "norm" but really... what is the norm and who the heck decided it was normal?! you rock!!! :)
Post a Comment