Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Glitter

March has been filled with Irish Dancing, a perfectly appropriate way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, a holiday that has really been downgraded since I left elementary school. It's right up there with Columbus Day and Flag Day.

My group has been dancing in theaters in three states this month. I have been in full stage makeup and glitter for every one. Why don't we wear glitter in our everyday life? It really is fun, sadly I don't think I could pull it off in my daily life.

My favorite had to be Wyoming. We drove for hours and pulled into this little town. For dinner, they opened up the cafeteria and had the lunch ladies fill our trays with some good food. It's been a long time since I held a lunch tray in a cafeteria. We stayed overnight in a little motel with a Christmas Village in the lobby area.

I almost met my goal of visiting Preston, Idaho. I was still a few miles short to count it but I did visit the home of Heber's ancestors, Alamo Idaho. There was a lot of snow and empty space.

It's been fun to perform again. There are so few opportunities in our lives to get up on a stage and to do our best. I think what I've enjoyed most is hanging out with all of the other dancers. We have a great time talking and laughing. I can't wait for next year!

3 comments:

wendys said...

Don't tell Grandpa Green you called it Alamo Idaho! It's Almo (not to be confused with Arimo which is also in Idaho).

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

I happen to be from a small town 8 miles west of Preston so when you are ready to accomplish that goal let me know, I can probably make it happen. I think you should wear glitter more you look fabulous!

Loni said...

yay for glitter! You look like you had so much fun. We are getting SOOOOO excited to see you. We're pulling into town on Monday evening. When can we come see you?