To celebrate MLK Day, Hebs and I went snowshoeing with some friends. This would officially be the second time I have gone snowshoeing. But it's one of the few winter sport/activities I can really get into. First off, you are not expected to slide down a mountain wearing them, you don't have to go to a resort to practice said sport and I don't have any trouble not falling down. It's a win-win activity.
We went up the canyon all bundled up and started up the trail. I have actually been on this specific trail once before. I know you are all surprised, I am not a really outdoorsy kind of gal. The last time I went on a trail I was trying cross country skiing for the first time. I went with a friend of mine and her very outdoorsy friends. Well five miles later, I was dead. When Heber got home that evening, he opened the door to a glove and then another glove and a hat, basically a trail of clothes all the way up the stairs to our bedroom with me passed out. I was so tired that I couldn't do anything but fall into bed.
Luckily, Monday wasn't quite so bad. We hiked up and saw some of the sinks (an area in the canyon that has been recorded to have some of the coldest temperatures in North America). The trail was absolutely beautiful with untouched snow and big trees. All in all, we had a good time with friends and went home to a party with homemade corn dogs. I could never complain about homemade corn dogs.
2 comments:
Oh that looks so fun! I really like snowshoeing too! Hope you are having a good semester so far. I never get to see you anymore.
mmmm home made corn dogs. We need to do that again. I forget about it.
I keep telling James we should buy snow shoes because I agree, they are easy and not scary.
Post a Comment