Friday, September 12, 2008

A Quarter Century of Excellence


I know that I'm a little late, it's been busy, but Sept. 8th was Heber's 25th Birthday! He kept calling it his "Quarter Century of Excellence Celebration." We threw a big pizza party at our house. We made the crusts and everyone topped their own. We even had the cheesy italian music, I loved it. We had 10 people over, something we have never done before, but it was a great time. I was a little nervous about fitting everyone in and that it be fun for everyone, our best friends don't really know each other but we wanted them all to share in the day.

And to Heber, Happy Birthday! He is so hardworking and dedicated, I think it really has been a Quarter Century of Excellence.

I have to throw this in, partly because I am excited about it. Tomorrow, I am going to Time Out for Women (kind of like Women's Conference). Mom is coming up to spend the day listening to speakers and being uplifted. Today, my friend Whitney put together a lunch with one of the speakers, Mary Ellen Edmunds. She is so funny! I was cracking every time she said anything. I can't wait to hear her speak tomorrow. I read one of her talks today called Godliness with Contentment. As I read it, I thought that this is exactly what I have been learning and really thinking about lately. Here is a quote from her talk, "Wanting less is probably a better blessing than having more. Its a change in the desires of our heart, and we can thereby be content sooner and more often."

Here's to being content sooner and more often.

2 comments:

James +Tami + Max said...

Happy Birthday Heber, a few days ago!
We had a fun time.... Home School. That was great!

♥Andrea said...

Hey Gen! I'm glad you found me! I havent beaded for a while, I kinda got burnt out! But yeah the bead fair is alot of fun :) Keep in touch! Love ya