Monday, September 22, 2008

Jewelry Making for the Rest of Us

I love making jewelry. Let me just put that out there first. I love taking individual items and putting them together to form something fantastic. I love that I can put something together in my hands that I can be proud to wear and it's a craft that I can actually use.

So you wonder, why would I go onto such a tangent? Well, this weekend I will be going to my first ever bead show in Salt Lake City. I can't wait! I've never been to one before but I am hoping to come home with strings of great bead finds and inspiration for new projects. If you want to come, how could you not, let me know because I have coupons for FREE admission.

I really enjoy teaching people how to do jewelry. I put together a class a few months ago for some friends in the ward and I guess word got around because next week I will be conducting my second jewelry making class extravaganza. Yeah!

2 comments:

James +Tami + Max said...

My friends are very excited to learn to make for their turn, and so am I.

I won't make it to the bead thing Saturday :( We have to check into the lodge for james company party at 2:30pm. Thats early!

Laura said...

Oh, my. That's Bailey and Katie in that pic. They're growing up! Are you in YW now???