Friday, August 22, 2008

My Exciting Day.


What a day I have had today. I think I came close to dying, okay, so not that dramatic but it was really scary. I have started getting some allergy shots, time to get it all under control. I had my first one on Tuesday with no problems. I went this morning and immediately my throat swelled up. Even with allergies, I have never had this happen before and I can't say how scared I was. Doctors were coming in and out trying different shots and pills and I was just there, doped up and nervous.

Needless to say, it all worked out. It started going down and I was only 2 hours late to work. Good thing they like me there.

I have more exciting news from this week. Heb and I just got back from Portland on Monday and I finally did something brave. I registered for my first graduate course, Creative Non-Fiction Writing. I am not sure if I will even continue on to get a graduate degree or what it would be in but I knew that I needed to make that first step. I admit it, I am your classic over-analyzer. I think and think and never really make the progress that I want. So I called all the university offices and just happened to call on the last day that they are accepting applications at 4:35 when the offices close at 5:00. I think it was fate that I was able to get everything in and get accepted. So, I start school on Monday and I am so excited to try something new and challenging. I am still a little scared but if I've learned anything, it's time to conquer my fears and be brave. I feel really happy right now. I am moving in the right direction, I think, we'll have to see what the first day is actually like.

More pictures and stories from Portland to come.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I like this picture Gentri. It's the rock from Goonies! I'm glad you didn't die at the doctor's office to day. And I'm glad you're starting grad school! I'm thinking about going myself next fall. Scarry, though!

James +Tami + Max said...

Hip Hip Hurray for Gentri!! School is so cool, allergies are not.