Merry Christmas to
you all! This week, I hung up all of our
family Christmas cards from years past.
It was so fun to read those snippets about our life and was reminded how
important our stories are. Here is bit
of our story from 2019.
Heber is in
his second year of working for Anvil, a small startup engineering firm. He’s been working long hours but is excited
at the possibilities. When he’s home, he’s
usually helping out around the house or playing video games with Leo and Amy. He finished up the playhouse by installing a
suspended rope tunnel. He’s also been
working on a laundry room and bathroom renovation. Our favorite date together was a dumpling
making class at the Workhouse.
I, Gentri, am
the resident playdate organizer, activities planner, home organizer and packer
of snacks. I started taking a tap class
and even agreed to do the recital in the spring. I want to be an example of being a beginner
and continually learning new things. I
spent a lot of time organizing and working on our house. I was hired to teach a workshop on marketing and
am looking forward to doing more. I'm
volunteering on the steering team for my Mothers of Preschoolers group and
continued to serve in the Relief Society Presidency at church overseeing
activities. I work with glass on the
torch as often as I can.
Leo turned
8 last month and is in the 2nd grade. He is an avid reader and read the whole Harry
Potter series last spring. He got
glasses this fall. In November, he
committed to follow Jesus Christ and was baptized. He is a Wolf in his Cub Scout pack and got to
go to a week long day camp. While
selling Scout popcorn, he really got out of his shell and approached people
with a new confidence. He still loves Pokemon
and Roblox. This summer, he water skied
for the first time.
Amy started
kindergarten this year. At 5, she is a
colorful and loving girl. She can most
often be found playing with Hatchimals or asking to play with a friend. She is really creative in her creations,
usually including rainbows, unicorns and hearts. This summer she attended a week long rainbow
art camp. She has been so proud of all
she is learning at school. She joined
Girl Scouts this fall and has loved being part of her new troop.
Austin
turned 2 in November. He runs, jumps,
throws and climbs. Monster trucks, cars
and building train tracks are his most favorite pastimes. He is still the best hugger around. He most enjoyed helping Heber around the
house with his home renovation projects.
When Heb needed to use the drill,
to hammer or to saw wood, Austin was right there. He is a keen observer and picks right up on
how to do things. This fall we started
taking a toddler music class.
We joined
the minivan club with our Honda Odyssey back in April. I love it excessively. Life has been much busier with two kids in
elementary school but we still try to have adventures, intentionally teach and
spend time together. We loved visiting family in sunny San Diego
for Christmas last year and then spending a couple of weeks out in Utah
visiting family this summer. The
highlight of the summer was going to a legit demotion derby and swimming at the
Massanutten water park.
It’s been a year of
personal growth around here, while not always comfortable, we’re thankful we
can continue to grow. We are thankful
for all of your love and support throughout the year. Merry Christmas!
Love, Gentri, Heber, Leo, Amy, and Austin

No comments:
Post a Comment