Wednesday, January 6, 2016
December Snipets
We went into Old Town earlier this month to see a boat parade. I thought, boy that sounds fun and festive and not too bad with toddlers. I have not been so wrong about something in a long time. It took us hours to get close and to park. By the time we got up there, the parade was long gone. Well, you can't win them all.
We ran down to Occoquan one Saturday to pick out Christmas ornaments. It was a major melt down. Oh the emotions of 2s sand 4 year olds.
I got to sing a duet in church. It made me remember how much I love singing. I sang with the choir the Sunday before Christmas and have been asked to sing two more times in the next month.
On Christmas Eve, Heber discovered that his wallet was missing. He'd gone to a movie the night before so assumed it must be there but no one had turned it in. He went down to the theater and found it wedged behind the seat after almost a full day. We were thankful.
A few days before Christmas, I received word of the passing of one of my cousins. It was a heartbreaking situation and it really shifted my holiday away from worrying about all the presents and back to being grateful for all that I have.
One of the big holiday highlights for me was the sugar cookies. Did you read my post at the beginning of the month where I said I was dreaming about my Aunt's cookies? Well, go back and read it if you need. This year, I was able to get her recipe. I was sworn to secrecy so I can't share it here but they were incredible and a true taste of home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment