Friday, November 6, 2015

Take Me To the Ocean

A few weeks ago, we got back from our first trip away without the kids.  It was a much needed getaway because it's like the kids forgot how to sleep this fall.   We went to Outer Banks.  We thought about all sorts of other places but I honestly couldn't get myself excited about going anywhere else (I just didn't get enough in May).  I also needed a trip that only required that I book a house and that's it.  I didn't even grocery shop before I left.  We needed this trip folks.

There was one afternoon where we took our lawn chairs and just sat on the beach.  We have often talked about doing this when we had the kids running around.  So, on our quiet trip, we just sat and watched the water and sky change from day to evening.  There is nothing in the world so calming as the ocean.
We went to movies, ate out, shopped, visited a lighthouse.  It was quiet and calm and we all need that in our life occasionally.
We discovered a Parade of Homes and decided to see some of the houses.  I've never seen a home with the kitchen on the top floor but that's how they all were.  We walked inside three million dollar beach houses.  It was beautiful, although I don't know that I'll ever understand really bold wallpaper.  While we were out driving, we saw one of the beach houses that we have rented in years past.  It was right in the line of the recent hurricane and the road in front of it was caved right in.  So crazy!
 Well, ten years is a pretty big deal. 







1 comment:

Jill said...

It's hard to leave your kids at home but oh so good for a couple to get away every once in a while! Glad you had fun!